1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
THE SPRING FISHING HAS BEEN ON
馃敟
馃敟
馃敟
!!!
The Trout are getting active and the fights have been epic!! My father and I hit some new spots on the Colorado River recently and they were phenomenal! I caught a wide variety of species including Brown Trout, Rainbow, Cutbow, and a really nice looking Snake River Cutty. I love how the cuttys and bows look this time of year! All fish were caught with either an HD Trout pattern or the 9mile Goby Jspec.

The reels were screaming non stop for this afternoon/evening bite, come check out the action below! (Photos as well)

Attachments

Registered
Nice fish! Your report's giving me the itch...

Registered
Great video as usual, some real nice fish. The river looked real clear but you know that won't last too much longer with the warm weather this week. Do you have felt soled waders or clamp on's, looked like you were moving on those rocks without slipping very much.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Great video as usual, some real nice fish. The river looked real clear but you know that won't last too much longer with the warm weather this week. Do you have felt soled waders or clamp on's, looked like you were moving on those rocks without slipping very much.
Hey Leg! Sorry for the late reply, i had one heck of a weekend (in a bad way) and wasn't on the computer or home much lol. The rivers are already getting cloudy from the runoff, i would expect it to really start flowing in a week or two. Sad thing is, it'll still be lower then normal. I purchased Felt soled waders and can say they are 10x better then normal boot waders that I've used for the last several years...Especially in the first few months of being new. It's almost comparable to sneakers on dry rocks; the grip is incredible...The only down side i've found is river fishing in the winter. The felt does TERRIBLE on ice and packed snow. It also freezes the felt and makes it less grippy in the water

Registered
I don't do much winter fishing in the streams so didn't think about the ice factor, but felt is great on those slippery rocks otherwise.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I don't do much winter fishing in the streams so didn't think about the ice factor, but felt is great on those slippery rocks otherwise.
Agreed! Ya if you do use them in winter, be careful!! I busted my @$$ a few times lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts