Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went and took my vacation this last week, got to hang with family.... recharge my batteries and most of all, got to rip lip and kill a bunch of fish. I only went to 3 places. last monday thru wednesday, I fished the inlaw's ponds of lore and legend. had a blast with the son... got into some bass, sunfish and big crappies... charlie had fun handling the crappie I'd catch and release.

This farm is like a monastery, a literal happy place (if you crack sheep fucking jokes, youre admitting to your desires for coitus with men) ... the inlaws just got done lambing so there were lots of little week/2 week old lambs running around. some places I couldn't get to because they would literally hop into your arms and lick you half to death.

jumpin' ahead... some supercells rollin' in yesterday...in 30 minutes went from peaceful to tornado warning.

now going back to tuesday.... I got my license, and decided to fish some public waters. traveled to a lake called carl blackwell, which is known for having a population of large walleyes/saugeyes/saugers. went to a few spots that would look favorable, and donated about 30 dollars worth of lures and jerkbaits to the rocks. decided since it was cold... to go to a nice heated and lit up crappie dock in the marina.

Redleader, you and ewert should put a few of these out on granby and williams fork for me. but make them "laker" docks. anyway, the fishing sucked... so I drove the 60 miles back home and went to bed.

Went out to keystone spillway with the sister on wednesday, we drank a bunch of beer... talked about underground country music (she promotes it/helps book shows for bands in tulsa) and donated a few lures to the spillway. hooked up with a monstrous fish that made my drag sing for about 5 seconds, and then broke me off.... and soon after, caught a gar that I quick released back in. other than that... fishing was slow.

thursday, I met up with soonerfisher... who is now living in OK. we made plans, and upon coordinating information and scouting out on wednesday we decided to try out a spot not too far from my inlaws on the cimarron. we parked sooner's car by the bridge and hoofed it to the spot.... where we proceeded to run a fucking train on sandies (white bass). hooked into many, caught about 18 a piece, lost more than that and kept 32 total. used white mr. twisters cast into currents and eddies. also caught a bonus ugly-assed buffalo carp that I quick released with my foot. tried looking for crappies but that was a fail.

friday I took the day off of fishing and went to tulsa with the wife, and found the best burger place in oklahoma... called Fat guys, in downtown tulsa by the ballfield. not fishing but god effing damn the fries were to die for as well as the massive cheeseburger.

Saturday I returned to the spot, which since I'm not worried about jagaloons hopping on bushplanes and fishing it out.... was the cimarron river by keystone lake about 10 miles from the inlet area.

finally, a mile's hike to the river bend and I was there.

It was awesome. caught less fish than with Dale but the variety was fun. 2 bonus catfish of different species were nailed.

and this blue surprise!

took my blue and 4 sandies home and filled a gallon bag full of fillets.

Thanks for reading. it was fun and was a much needed vacation. time to get back to work.... after I renew my CDL, it's off to casper wyoming for a few weeks and then time for another vacation in the sunshine state. i might hit up ice this weekend, possibly at GM or willies.... it'll be a fun shock to go from wading in a creek for sand bass to walking on a frozen lake.
I will probably be back in OK in a few months though, we made it a resolution to see the family more often. I'm not complaning one bit.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Right on dude! Real nice post . Cool stuff all around and nice fishes. Your beard puts the sheeps to shame, that's lookin metal as f**k. Tight lines mang.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Word. Good stuff mang.

GOD, those sheep was like "HELL NO" when they saw you a' comin'.

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
Great stuff thanx for putting it all together...I still think his ears look stretched out!...and I thought opposites attract!...

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Dayum! I really gotta get out of Colorado to do some fishing!!

Seriously been thinking about moving lately!!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Sounds awesome!! Its hard for me if im on a vacation like that to actually take a day off a fishing...family stuff<<Fishing

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
NICELY DONE SIR DAVE! You sorta look like a dirt hippy with the mud in between your toes.

Glad you got to unwind. Thanks for the report.

Did you silence the lambs?

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Nice! Are those pure green sunfish, hybrids or something else? Cool looking colors & nice size.
They look like redear/greenie hybrids. Don't know if that's possible, but the slight orange coloration behind the gill plate and the dorsal spikes running almost the entire length of the body back to the tail area leads me to think hybrid.

Could be wrong though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts