Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The best blank St. Croix makes (SCV). It is the same blank used in the Legend Elite/Xtreme
Lighter than any factory rod you can buy for the action. 82.8 grams (2.92 ounces)
No expense spared in this build.
It is a 7' medium fast action with titanium SIC micro guides spiral wrapped to the right. The stripper guide is a 5 with the rest being 3.5.
Cut down reel seat for less weight and more contact with the blank.
Black and white EVA foam

Retail cost of the build
Blank $175 http://www.mudhole.com/Shop-Our-Catalog/St-Croix/SCV-Graphite-Spin-Cast
Guides $55 http://www.mudhole.com/Shop-Our-Catalog/Silicon-Carbide-old/TLSG-Fly-Guides
EVA $15
Reel Seat $8 plus $10 labor to cut it down
Build $100
Plus shipping for all the parts.

Pics can get more if needed

Retail on this rod from St. Croix is $380 and it weighs 3.7 ounces. Blank has a lifetime warranty.
Looking to get $270 for this stick

Rod has been used very little and looks like new

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
What man, you're selling your Croix already?

D.J.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
djfisherman2 said:

D.J.
Yep, just not what I was looking for. Thinking I need a MH or a H.
If I sell this I'm leaning towards a 7' heavy Phenix extended to 7'2"-7'4" with the same components that are on this one.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
:(

j/k

Kurt's never been a Croix fan. As long as I've been building rods for him, he's never wanted a Croix and he even struggled with buying the fuchsia metallic avid for his GF for christmas. He got this blank based upon recommendations from the folks over on Tackle Tour all loving their Croix rods. No surprise that he's selling it really. Anyone, especially a croix fan would love this rod.

·
Registered
648 Posts
ive got a question, whats the deal with the eyes being off to the side then going back towards the top. i dont know a thing about baitcasting rods just curios ive seen a few of your rods for sale that are like that

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Quicsilver171 said:
ive got a question, whats the deal with the eyes being off to the side then going back towards the top. i dont know a thing about baitcasting rods just curios ive seen a few of your rods for sale that are like that
Booner is cross eyed!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quicsilver171 said:
Cause I'm crazy! Also cross eyed like Chris said :D :D ;D
Here is a explanation http://www.acidrod.com/acidrods.html

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Boondock said:
djfisherman2 said:

D.J.
Yep, just not what I was looking for. Thinking I need a MH or a H.
If I sell this I'm leaning towards a 7' heavy Phenix extended to 7'2"-7'4" with the same components that are on this one.
Ahh..gotcha. Cool. You should go ML with 6lb test.. ;D

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Rod can't be that good if your selling it, Just saying ;D Wow what a slap in the face to koldkut pawning off his work.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Trout said:
Rod can't be that good if your selling it, Just saying ;D Wow what a slap in the face to koldkut pawning off his work.
Nah, I'd rather see it put in the hands of someone who will use it. Like I said above, he's never been a Croix fan.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trout said:
Everyone has different preferences on rods.. Just cause it isn't my favorite doesn't make it a bad rod. It is all subjective anyways. If people love there ltb, legend xtreme or legend elite they will like this one way more!
St. Croix just doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Slim
Here are some better pictures. Just took these a few minutes ago and the rod will not be fished again.
Can get more pics of something else is someone is really interested.

First size 5 guide

Next guide 3.5

Next one

Last four guides

10 guides plus tip on the rod. Hook hanger is on the split grip as shown in the first pic. On the bottom side.
Hope these pics help. This a quality build with the best components.

Will go $250 pretty firm on that price! Hell of a deal

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
anthropomorphic melon ball said:
I'll give you 11 PBRs and a "lightly used" lifelike companion. You pay shipping.
Damn humus you drive a hard bargain :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts