Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke a 9' 5wt legend ultra last year and haven't sent it back yet. I really like the rod, but my main gripe is it's a 2 piece rod. Well after looking at St Croix warranty page on their wed site, they offer a deal where you can have your rod replaced for a $50 fee and then upgrade and pay the difference. So the way things look I can get my rod replaced and for an additional $30 get the 4 piece rod in it's place.

I called customer service and they said to mail the rod in with a note what I want and they will call me with info on what rods I can upgrade too.

Has anyone done this and am I understanding this correct?

Thanks,
FG

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yep, I had an old imperial, must have been 15years old or more. I hit a rock floating the lower Yampa and broke the tip. They upgraded to the new imperial for $50.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I snapped a Ultra Legend 9ft 5wt at the first ferrule (note to self: when roll casting all day, check the seat of the ferrules once in a while). Sent it it, got a call from them saying they would replace it under warranty but if I would like, I could upgrade to the Ultra Elite. I declined since I the Ultra Legend is already a bit too fast for me. got my rod back 3 days later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts