Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished St. Vrain this past Sunday and Monday. Had planned on hitting Lon Hagler on Sunday and Aurora Monday. My buddy Jevan was meeting us (w/ his family) Sunday. He got a head start and called from Lon Hagler saying it was crowded, and to meet him at St. Vrain. Ron called late in the week and was hoping We'd fish w/ him at the ponds. So I ended up there both days.
   Fished for a few hours sunday and did pretty well off bait. 

open water fish!

Kara's first fish of the season!

Jevan w/ one of his

Monday was gorgeous! The bite slowed down at different times of the day, but continued.

Ron w/ one of his

Kara w/ one of hers

Me!  ;D

At one time the fish were agressive and I used lures!

I love spring!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey James thanks for the report.I said hello to you as you were leaving on Monday.As for me, I got the skunk,but im not a big fan of bait fishing.Next time i'll have some powerbait as a back up.Tight lines

lyn

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Some of those trout look pretty colorful for stockers, NICE!!

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was in a hurry when I posted this, and left out meeting lynmack. Seemed like a great guy, it's always cool running into people from the site.   ;D 
    There were quite a few people there on Sunday, but Monday was nice. They made the front pond a walk to pond, and I don't think it will get as crowded (as it did when you could drive right up to it). That place seems to attract some pretty unethical anglers, but the fishing is usually great. Alot of the fish we caught were dark in color. They stock the best!  :D
    Lynmack --- don't feel bad about the skunk. We were there for awhile, and there were times when they just weren't biting.  :( I only caught off lures when the sun was shining and there were ripples.  ???

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Thanks for the report. I was up there about a month ago, and it was still open water. The wind was kicking us around but there were definately trout biting.

Continued luck on your ongoing hardwater trips! Maybe I'll see you up there one of these times!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Went this morning from about 9:10 til about 11:45.. Caught a few small ones. Also fowl hooked a pretty large carp on it's dorsal fin (I'm guessing a little over 10 lbs) on some very light tackle (5' 6" Denali Rod, reel w/6lb test line and a 1/16 oz rooster tail). It gave me a good run for about 5 minutes. I was for sure it was a brooder trout, but it just turned out to be a 'yellow wiper'. This was on Pelican Pond.

Went over to Sandpiper Pond and caught a few small cuttbows and threw em all back. It was fun.

1eyeReD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts