Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got there about 8:00 and threw spinners, cranks and tubes on 1 rod while the other rod sat with crawler/ PB. Cought the 1st about 9:30 and 3 more all 13-14", lost 1, at the shoreline missed probably 3 other others, by 10:30 on salmon peach PB/ small piece of worm. Nothing more by noon when I left. Mealies didn't get bit neither did a few other colors of power bait. I set up w/ salmon eggs just once, because I hate those things, and they were gone next cast. One of the fish I cought spit my worm, 2 salmon eggs and my salmon peach up. 5700 new fish and not very many being cought. word of advice...dont cast far. These stockers are shallow! All my catches/ bites came from within 20' of shore.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Those fish get caught...and immediatly put on stringers.  :D  Sometimes I think they oughta just pass em out (right off the truck) there. 
Nice report, and good call on the close to shore tip. If you haven't tried this it works. Slowly drag your bait off the bottom. It seems to really trigger the strikes there. 

1 - 2 of 2 Posts