Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Barbour Ponds today. Cold as hell. My wife and me were bundled up like it was winter. Stayed there five hours. Caught three bass about 12". BUt now to the point. Barbour ponds is pretty much shut down. When the started doing all their renovations to modernize the ponds the shut down the first lake to car traffic. You had to walk to access the first pond. The bass were located on the south side and that is one hell of a walk from the north side. Then here about two weeks ago they put up two gates and shut of access to the south side of the big lake and the small lake, lake #2, once again stating that renovations are goin to be made. So today my wife and I were fishing and we saw a road grader digging and moving dirt all over the south campground, which no longer exists, and rolling dirt into the big lake. You could see from the north end of the lake all the deposits that were floating in the lake. Fish were everywhere on the suface sucking air. Carp, Trout, Bass, Sunfish. I hope they are careful or there will me a major kill at this lake!

·
Registered
943 Posts
me too most of those guys dont care about anything but finishing the job. i hope there is some kind of supervisor there that has a clue ???

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could quickly turn disasterous if they don't watch how the fish are reacting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last I heard there is a debate over a proposed road to be built right down the middle of the park. All funds for the park renovation have been frozen pending the outcome...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
fish-hawk said:
Last I heard there is a debate over a proposed road to be built right down the middle of the park. All funds for the park renovation have been frozen pending the outcome...
That sucks

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
might be voodoo!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But don't you know? Supposedly I am eyeguy. Just look at the leaves!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
catmann29 said:
But don't you know? Supposedly I am eyeguy. Just look at the leaves!
your not reading tea leaves are you..lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts