Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to Golden ponds this morning around 10:00 am to fish bass. I fished pond #3 which is the first pond to get to when you arrive at the parking lot. I caught 9 bass all between 9-12 inches long with the biggest being 12 inches. (Yes, I even measure the small ones!) Stayed there three hours. Saw something interesting. I heard a rumor that the ponds here had been stocked with tiger muskies. While I was fishing for bass I saw a wave coming towards my Chug Bug and at the last minute it pulled up, came partially out of the water, and swam away. It was less then five feet from me and was a tiger muskie. He was a little guy, about 28 inches, but it left me excited.
I then went out to St.Vrain ponds by I-25 with my wife. The intention was to fish bass. But when we got there the park ranger, a friend of mine, informed me that two days ago they stocked Mallard Pond with 200 trout measuring 17"-18" long. Our tactics changed quick for we knew for sure (or hoped anyways!) that we could get some easy trout. We fished for them for 2 hours and caught nothing but had several promising hits. We switched to bass and caught one about 12". Fished for bass for 1 hour and went home.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey Fatfish,
Sounds like a great day of fishing! :D

Where are these Golden Ponds you talked about?

At first I thought you were talking about the Coors ponds up off of 44 th in Golden ... but I thought those were for employees only.

Good post ... and good fishin!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
if you hike over to the south side of the bridge that lake has some big tigers in it I got a 34 in out of there last year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts