Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were going to go out early this morning to Boyd Lake but the sleepy monster changed our minds, so we went to Barbour Ponds (St Vrain Park, for now!) when we woke up. We first fished the big lake also known as Pelican Ponds (where do they get these names?) and fifteen minutes into being there a rattlesnake swam past us. After it left, we spent fifteen minutes looking over our shoulders to see if it was coming to get us, so we packed and left. Strike One.
We then moved to the second lake, the small one. Fished for cats, carp. and trout. Only thing caught was a 2 inch sunfish on Berkley Gulp Worms. It didn't even get hooked. It grabbed the worm tail and held on until it got to shore and saw it was in trouble, then it let go. Then my wife found a snake skin leading into a hole right next to us. Bailed out of there right quick. Strike Two.
Moved from the east side of the lake to the west side. Caught nothing there either. Stayed a total of 6 hours. Strike Three.
Question for members who fish this lake: I have no problem catching carp out of here year 'round. I catch my fair share of trout in February, March, April, October, November. But I get blitzed here during the summer. Doesn't anybody have any real success here during the summer? I haven't for five years,

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
This place gets tons of pressure. When you talk about a put and take area, this is the penultimate. the fish are pulled out almost as fast as they are put in.

Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts