Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of making the long trip to stagecoach and was wondering if there were any reports on ice levels and fishing action.
The main concern is ice levels.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
133 Posts
G' Morning,

My friends dad has been up there. I think he told him there was 8-10 inches of ice. I don't know anything about where he fishes or if he has been catching anything. My buddy doesn't ice-fish so didn't care to ask.

Merry Christmas
Jeff

·
Registered
82 Posts
Two places to try head to the south boat ramp and fish any of the coves on the south side. Also if the gate is open fish just north of the marina in the north point.

Tight Lines and bent Rods
Grizz

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
supposed to be very slushy. We were going to fish it for 3-4 days from last wed to last sat but we didn't want to be knee deep in slush like the state parks guy said it was. We may be heading there this weekend if that changes though. Keep us posted on the slush mostly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have fished it the last 2 days, fishing is good, you will have to move to find the fish, I caught them all shallow. As for the ice, it is fine, a little water on the top, really only 4 inches good solid ice and 4 inches above it of not so good ice. But we had fun, didint get wet. Unless it gets real warm, you will be fine..

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Thank you steamboat. I may be there this weekend. I am deciding whether to fish stagecoach for some nice fat rainbows and a bunch of small pike with some big ones, or fish lake x again and wait out another monster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts