Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing.

Also spoke with at least 6-7 other people and groups that were all using nightcrawlers and nobody was getting anything. I talked to one guy who said he had been there all day and caught a carp around 9AM but not a bite since. I arrived mid-day talked to him at about 3:00 so that give you an idea of the slow going.

Water was murky near shore and it didn't look much better further out. There was also some wind. I tried a couple different colors of Senko's rigged wacky, a rapala (not sure, maybe a shad pattern???), and a Texas rig with a dark colored crawdad plastic on it. Not a bite. I can't speak for the boat guys but I was skunked (again).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sorry NS. I used to regularly enjoy fishing at Standley. Especially the creek on the S side. I caught numerous wiper, catfish, and several walleye (no keeper 'eyes though). And then seemed to get the regular skunk from '95 through '01 and never returned. "sigh"

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha. I actually did see a ranger boat "pull over" another boat. They were pulling a wakeboarder and the boat chased them down with their lights on, seemed to talk to them for about 30 seconds, and then took off.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I've seen the pictures man.... When I quit fishing there it was still decent from shore, but they closed the area were I used to park. Fishing that mudline when the canal was flowing was $$$ back then.

Have you seen any pike come out? Years ago working at Sportsmans I had a guy come in and show me pictures of two 20lb plus pike he caught one right after another. I've never even heard about pike being in there....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts