Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the real poop on fishing standley lake?

is it a day pass type lake? how about a season pass option? do you have to live in the town the lake is in to fish it or just to buy the season pass?

i hear about boats with greater than 20hp motors can't fish the lake?

i live about 10 miles from the lake and have been thinking of trying it but don't know anyone that fishes it or what the real deal is.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Tomcat,

I fished it a hand full of times last year. Did well on walleye and stocker trout. Supposed to have a good crappie and pearch population also. The park has sold all of it season passes for this year. I belive the day pass requires that you have a 20hp or less motor. I had a 20hp on my old boat and forgot about the pass this year. I am in Westminster and forgot about the registration day. They sold out in one day. I still don't know if I would have gotten one at $600 the wife may have said NO. One thing nice is that even with the ski boats on the lake it never seemed like I was fight for space.

With it only being 10 minutes away check it out. Who knows the next walleye state record may come out of it again. Drop me an email and i will fill you in more.

JT

·
Registered
636 Posts
Tomcat,
I know that you don't have to live there to fish it. It is free for walk-in access and there is a small fee if you drive in. That's all I know about it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Tomcat,

I fish there a couple times a year. Live about 6 miles from it. I have always done good at the inlet and fishing was good on the Northside by the Dam before they re-did it. I haven't had much luck on that side since the Dam has been completed.

shadow

·
Registered
81 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
$600.00 for a year pass????? Or was that a mis-type?

-Jay
I believe that is if you have a boat. For just park access it is $65 a year. But there are plenty of places to park and walk in for free.

shadow

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
http://www.ci.westminster.co.us/res/recfac/SL/default.htm

Check out the web site, It's 12.00 a day for anyone with a boat under 20 hp. Theres no alcoholic bev. of any kind allowed , thats why the skiers are alot nicer than at the state parks, Mostly famileys. Also NO jetskies. Stop by and meet the folks at the entrance ,thier good people.

Dan

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Snag said:
  Theres no alcoholic bev.  of any kind allowed , thats why the skiers are alot nicer than at the state parks, Mostly famileys.  Also NO jetskies. Stop by and meet the folks at the entrance ,thier good people.

Thats alittle pricy but with those rules id pay it no problem.

-Jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts