Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was out on my deck last night and was seeing alot of fish surfacing at the lake so i ran down to try my luck got there bout 6:30 and started fishing the noth shore put one rod out with a crawler in hopes of maybe catching a cat but all i could catch was a carp :( I tried tosssing some rapalas, kastys,martins,and roster tails with only one hit on a rainbow rooster. I thought i wouldve had more success considering the amount of surface action. seems like all i can catch out of there are carp. Anybody have any tips on what to use i am a little frustrated :mad:. the good thing was the ranger told me he would leave the gate open till 9:30 which was nice finally left there around 8:30 with only one carp. oh well at least i didnt bring home the skunk ;)

G

·
well, sorry u didn't, get ur cat, but at least u live close enough to a lake to see fish hitting from your deck ;D

G

·
fish by the inlet ....ive caught smallies , cats, and walleye's ....Ive seen a bunch of wipers pulled out but I havent caught many ....when the water is flowing from the canal into the lake it makes for some good fishing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts