Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was going to try and get into some smallies but the lake is really low ...seen a couple things that are gonna help me next year . No fish but still good to get out ...here are some pics

Nice little shelf

Really low!
I might just wait until next year to hit stanley again

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the lake was closed on 9-31, or is that just for boats? Also, is this the inlet on the S.E. corner? I fish it alot but never saw it this low! I'd like to take a walkabout and see what I can see, if it's open. I think I'd learn alot.

Dan in Elizabeth

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didnt mark the shelf I did it they old fasioned way measured it and wrote it down .....Yea the inlet is located at the southeast corner of the lake ...You used to be able to park across the street but now its a little harder to find parking. I usually have someone drop me off .....

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Thats the one thing I like about low waterlevels finding all the structure for next spring!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I did the same thing last year at Barr Lake...took a bunch of photos while the water was down to help me later if i ever fished it when its up. for the most part though its all the same....flat and sandy, with a few scattered rocks. there is a long rocky "road" type area that cuts across a portion of the lake though coming off of the dam, that might be a good one to remember...

digital cameras...gotta love em

·
Registered
863 Posts
wow i was thinkin about goin out there tomorrow and fishing the inlet but doesnt look like much of a inlet anymore haha oh well guess ill see what i can do

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey fishinguitars
I too was thinking about going out to Stanley, It has been years. Maybe I'll hold off till spring.
Good to know that the water is down so far.
I wonder if they are drawing it down to do dam repairs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts