Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I moved to a few blocks of Stanley lake recently. I am hoping to go check it out soon. Anybody know of whats in there? Any Wipers?

Thanks,
Gene

·
Registered
84 Posts
I also live right below the dam of stanley and have fished it for many years, there are wipers, smallies, walleyes (state record is from there) trout, perch, catfish pretty good fishery allaround.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
i havent been to standly lake in at least 6-7 years, but do still not alow people to walk the dam?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks guys,

I didn't realize it was so packed with posibilities. I'll give her a try this week and post results.

·
Registered
841 Posts
They still do not allow people to fish on the dam. You can bring your boat to Stanley lake but it will cost more than other places and only if you have 20 or less H.P. I believed.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just got back from Standley, my Dad caught 2 nice trout, 2-3 lbs each, and me 1 little 8" stocker. we would still be out there but the wind is bad, guessing 30-35 mph, real rough. We were drifting crawlers looking for walleye, water temp at surface 51 degrees.
The gate opens at 6:30, the cost is $13.00 for the day, 20 hp or less, or you can buy a season pass for $170.00, a little steep but there are some nice fish (walleye, smallmouth, and trout) and during the week there are few boats out (until the water warms and the skiers are out). It's close to home and $13.00 is only 4 gallons of gas, or 60 miles, depends how you look at it.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
there is also the free gait! u have to do a little walking, not much but its on the 100th ave side. u park and walk for free!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info folks. I'm fishing from shore. Is there a specific side thats more productive? Is there a deeper side?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts