Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M new to stanley. Got a pass this year for the first time. Any hints on locations to hunt for eyes. I found two humps that are about in 10 foot of water off goose island. Last weekend I caught some smallies along the rip rap. My wife was having better luck than me with the smallies.
Any help would be great. I'll try to report my succes or failures.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi-horse,

I'm also new, fished for the first time last weekend and got into those same smallies off the dam on power minnows.  No eyes, one 14" trout off of goose island.  All released.  I'll be out tomorrow, let's stay in touch and figure this pond out!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife was catching them on 3 inch bass assasins shad color, jerking them off the rip rap. I was using husky jerks until she caught fish number 5 to my one. I have not run any rigs for the eyes yet. I'm waiting untill the water temp go up a little.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i was there a couple weeks ago and all i caught were trout between 18-21 inches nice healthy i really want to get into the wipers there is the water coming up any

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm with you guys on this. This is my first year for a pass also. Fished it a couple times last week and caught a couple smallies, twice this week and caught a couple of decent bows. I know there are wipers, crappie and walleyes (caught them at the inlet when the water is right, but have not done well in the lake at all. I talked to a guy this morning who said he caught lots of bows Monday trolling brown Rapelas. I am not doing much casting jigs or crank baits. Caught the trout vertical jigging spoons. The smallies on night crawers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey new guys to the lake. I'm also new to the area and just posted recently asking about how the fishing there is.

Does anyone know if the fishing from shore is any good? especially for wipers?

I might head out there this evening if the misses lets me out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts