24,552 Posts

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
They will soon charge for the woods also-

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
They won't get me. I just day fish and day hunt.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I know fees went up a TON last year. Did they go up again?

As far as the reservations, I don't think it is that big of a deal, as long as you are at a park that has phone service. Their phone center is open 24/7.

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah bud, the rate hikes are under the 2019 price rate hike.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Yeah bud, the rate hikes are under the 2019 price rate hike.
That's crazy. Last year I made reservations for a weekend in December of 18. Changed those reservations to a different weekend in 2019 and learned that the fees had nearly doubled. I have made two reservations already this year, and they did seem expensive. Now I know why. Unfortunately, I am not sure what recourse we have?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
They will soon charge for the woods also-
This is true.

However, I am not necessarily opposed to finding additional ways to generate conservation revenue outside of sportsmen, just needs to be within reason.

A good example is I would have paid an additional $20/year to ride my dirt bike and hike the Grand Mesa (i.e. National Forest Use Permit) and another $20/yr to ride and camp in the Bookcliffs (i.e. BLM Use Permit)

A lot of people get to use the public lands and have access to the safety resources without having contributed much to the revenue stream - and I believe there are equitable ways to close the gap.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Democrats? In case you didn't know. The Republicans are in charge. (for now)

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I was talking about federal laws. State laws are approved by the people. Just like the people voted out the bear spring hunt. Now they're whining about too many bears.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Fees have also gone up in Nebraska and Kansas. They are pretty red states... Maybe it has less to do with politics and more to do with inflation? Gubmint workers "deserve" a raise, too... ;D

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Give them some of the pot money.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts