Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone hearing?

Walleye spawning operations canceled?

State Parks/wildlife areas shut down - no fishing allowed?

What's happening to the hunting draw that's suppose to be going on this month?

I am trying to get some solid information and will post what I find.

·
Registered
360 Posts
They better not, wave the fees so people don't have to use the pay box but fishing the waters shouldn't have any impact on anything. And if they do i'll be going to mountain lakes that aren't state parks. I need my fishing to stay somewhat sane.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I know. It's not like we have close contact when fishing.
Unless you go with slayer... I've heard he has a "you gotta kiss the Captain" policy on his boat! And from what I've also heard, you damn sure don't want to share an ice hut with him! >:D

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Unless you go with slayer... I've heard he has a "you gotta kiss the Captain" policy on his boat! And from what I've also heard, you damn sure don't want to share an ice hut with him! >:D

Just let him bogart the joint and you’ll be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
Colorado needs roughly 120 million walleye eggs collected each spring to restock our waters and trade other states for things like Wipers. Two days ago we got off to a great start with the what may end up being 3-4 million fry at my home lake Pueblo Reservoir. Unfortunately the state pulled the plug and the 2020 Walleye spawn operation looks to be over😩 Those initial fry will be returned into Pueblo to protect the states most valuable brood lake. Unfortunately this means no other walleye will be stocked anywhere in Colorado in 2020. This also means there will be no eggs to trade for wipers and no wiper stocking in Colorado.

Not here to debate whether this is overkill or not it, is what it is. While I probably don’t have to tell this group this? Please let them go this year!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fisherbob, I heard they are not letting the public volunteer but that the game & fish will still do the walleye netting etc. I can’t confirm this though so not sure.

I also can’t confirm if this means people can fish the dam etc. or not

·
Registered
371 Posts
The post i put up was off of a facebook post my friend sent me, i dont have facebook so not sure of its origin. I did drive thru pueblo res yesterday on my way home from 11 mile it was sunset and no nets out anywhere, and 3 people fishing n side of dam

1 - 20 of 47 Posts