Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I had a Co. State parks pass that expired in May this year.
Last Aug. I needed to replace the winshield on My truck... the sticker was destroyed...
Went back to Chatty and showed my receipt and was allowed a replacement for $5... COOL!
Sold My old truck last week (with that sticker still intact) ... Figured another $5 would get Me another REPLACEMENT Pass....
NOOOO..... The Gal at the Park office said I needed to produce a portion of the OLD STICKER as evidence of it being destroyed BEFORE She could issue a $5 replacement....:confused:
I informed Her that NOWHERE in the regs is that stated.....
Produce a receipt and get a replacement, as I understand AND is WRITTEN on the Parks web-site.... NOWHERE does it state that One needs to produce evidence of the "old sticker"
Well, you know where that got Me...:mad:
SO.... keep a portion of Your "old Sticker" if faced with the same situation... It will save You $65....

·
Registered
592 Posts
I leave a portion of the backing on so I can VERY carefully peel the sticker off and stick it on the new windshield, worked twice so far!

...maybe try talking to a different person at the office?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I just called Ace about that and they said "the item has been canceled" and they can no longer order it.

I like the idea though.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
BUMMER

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Slayer has been doing Sticker Shield for 20 years. Take your time and wrap the decal in kitchen plastic wrap, put a little spit on it and it stays stuck for the whole day. Know one can tell from the outside looking in.. On the way home peel it off and its ready for the next vehicle.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Slayer has been doing Sticker Shield for 20 years. Take your time and wrap the decal in kitchen plastic wrap, put a little spit on it and it stays stuck for the whole day. Know one can tell from the outside looking in.. On the way home peel it off and its ready for the next vehicle.
I used to do that....it's a pain in the ass. Sticker Shield > than Saran Wrap ;D

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Are ALL You Guys inferring that I should actually "CHEAT" the State of Colorado? Me? Honest ole Me? I'll get right on it !!:D

Actually, I contacted the Guy who purchased my old truck and he was glad to scratch it off and will deliver to me.... Nice, HUH? :thumb:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Are ALL You Guys inferring that I should actually "CHEAT" the State of Colorado? Me? Honest ole Me? I'll get right on it !!:D

Actually, I contacted the Guy who purchased my old truck and he was glad to scratch it off and will deliver to me.... Nice, HUH? :thumb:

:D. Just makes it easier when it's time to replace. I started using the cling vinyl after I replaced a windshield, same deal. Got tired of razor blades and Goo Gone
Super nice of that guy to get your sticker back to ya!

·
Registered
196 Posts
There are two things I don't look forward to every spring. Buying an annual park pass and my colonoscopy. Both feel like I am getting $%^&*!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts