Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that The Colorado Bass Federation has a State Team member that is Female. The first one in the history of the state. What a great accomplishment to be one of the top 14 TBF bass anglers in the state. It is so cool to see bass fishing opening up to the other 51% of the population. I bet your family is extremely proud of you. ;D

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I looked at their web page and could find no mention of it? Of course, their web page looks pretty old and out of date. Where did your info come from?

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
There is a female fishing the qualifier next month. The current state team which qualified last spring at Havasu consists of all male anglers, from an all male field. It would be great to gain participation with regards to female anglers!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry it is the Colorado TBF. The Bass Federation. I know there are 2 federations now one affiliated with BASS and one with FLW. This is the one affiliated with FLW. The website is http://www.coloradotbf.com/. If anyone is familiar they have the national champion who wins $100,000 living the dream package. I think it airs on Verses and RMS on comcast on Sundays at 11. I have fished both organizations and have made State teams from both and each have good things to offer. Just thought it cool that female anglers are starting to make their presence felt.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I guess they did back out. Actually it is my mom (no it's not me who is her partner). I think she will be the first Colorado State team member from either organization that is female. I won't give up her age but it is pretty cool to see a 50 something year old female breaking down the bass fishing barrier here in Colorado. I hope this opens up competitive bass fishing to the other 51% of the population. We are lucky to be sending such an amazing ambassador to represent Colorado at a Divisional. Nice work mom ;D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Good luck to your mom that's great.

I'm buying a pool this spring so my wife will stay home with the baby and leave me alone on the lake.

>:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts