Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out for a little bit with benson this morn, couldnt find much action around the lake so we decided to hit the inlet, saw a bunch of huge carp tryin to get into the small current that was provided, there was thousands of little fry everywhere, didnt look like shad at all, looked like tiny bass and they were all over, we could see the bass and carp from the shoreline but couldnt get to where they were and didnt wanna loose a bunch of hardware, (did find atleast 5 bobbers a tube jig and a nice suspending rapala), man it was super windy out there this morning, luckly there was a broken tree so we got RIGHT above them, could see them in the water and dropped it right on top of them, no soonen than i dropped my presentation in the water atleast 7 lunged for it and i nailed one instantly.... after that we were right on top of them and we could see them sitting below but no more takers.... the stock truck was there and put in 500 crappie 500 bluegill and a bunch of catfish (all fingerlings), on monday they stocked a bunch of bass (6-8in)....

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh it was , line all over and lots of gear in the tree, it amazes me how people get bobbers and gear 20 feet up in the tree ??? its like they dont see anything around them and just throw a hail mary style cast. did see a huge orange goldfish about the size of a softball but he took off when i tried to drop a lure on him :)

heres another pic

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I only ventured out on the branch to retrieve a really nice Rapalla. Once out there i notice millions of baby fry. After watching the fry I discovered several bass swimming around. Didn't catch anything But manage to learn alot about the lake and and speaking with the Rangers helped me gain alot of knowledge on the fisherie they have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts