Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the trifecta this weekend starting at Steamboat Lake around the dam and caught two fat 18 inchers beat up from the spawn. Headed to Pearl lake and fished for about 1 hour with 2 bites and only saw two risers so I left. Went to Stagecoach in the evening and we had a bite almost every cast catching about 10 Rainbows and 1 Pike in about 1.5 hours of fishing.  Great scenery up there as you can see by the pics below.

TH

Pic1: Steamboat Lake and Haun's Peak in the bakground at sunrise

Pic2: Two Steamboat Lake Rainbow Trout.

Pic3: Pear Lake at the boat ramp clear as glass.

Pic4: Pearl Lake has picnic tables & B-B que pits. Can you see what is in the background?

Pic5: Scenery near Stagecoach Reservoir.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Those are some nice pic's. I t like the last one the best. Man I love Colorado!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are days that all you get is the scenery, but what a great place to watch the mountains and listen to the fish laugh at your lure. ;)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
TH,

I was up there too.  Caugt two cut-bows from Steamboat, one at 1.5 lbs and another (on my daughter's zebco, was that fun!)at an even 3lbs.  The weather was a little crazy the first day and ahalf, but then turned warm and nice for the last two days.  Went to Pearl for the first time, no time to fish it (have three little girls) just hiked it.  WOW! is that place beautiful or what.  I know they have grayling in there, but I saw some little 6" fish hanging in the shallows w/ a long orange stripe along there side.  Anybody have any insight? If interested i can try to post the photo. I think i'm gonna make another trip there in the Fall w/ a buddy to get more fish'n time in

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jeffmonument,

Yeah I noticed those orange striped fish as well do you think they were cutts? Also we saw alot of fry and small trout in Steamboat Lake as well.

TH

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I'll try to post the picture under a new post later this weekend to see what the census is.  The photo was taken thru the water so it's not great, but we will see.
Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts