Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to Steamboat Lake last weekend. Campground was mostly empty, not many boats on the water.

Got to do a little fishing, but had to contend with a dog that is not the best fishing partner. Still caught quite a few on bright spinners and some nymphs and streamers.

Heading back up this weekend for a mix of fishing and blue grouse hunting.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
P-dog,

My money is the one on the left!

Cool trip Bionic!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The one on the left is the most mellow Weimaraner I have ever seen (and I have been around the breed for close to 18 years now). The one on the right is much more typical. I've had to pull a treble hook out of his tongue once, but he hasn't learned.

Trying to fish alone with him is an adventure. But my wife keeps reminding me that someday I will miss it.

If I take him to chase some grouse before fishing, maybe he will calm down (a guy can dream, right?).

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Very nice looking outing bud! THX for sharing and good luck on the hunt!

·
Registered
253 Posts
This was a CALM outing for him.
https://youtu.be/ZNXWDofzhvQ
Your dog is merely explaining to you that a large jet boat- possibly an EDGE- would be a more appropriate fishing craft. He has been communicating on a bird dog forum with another dog (who describes himself as "the best effin' bird dog in the world") who is moving to Castle Rock and the dog's master has one of these boats. He allows that his master, Top Gun, is an egotistical and arrogant prick but that comes with the territory from being a pilot. Your dog would like you to get with the program.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^^Classic.

I usually don't understand what MOOSE is trying to tell me, but I am sure that is SPOT ON!

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Your dog is merely explaining to you that a large jet boat- possibly an EDGE- would be a more appropriate fishing craft. He has been communicating on a bird dog forum with another dog (who describes himself as "the best effin' bird dog in the world") who is moving to Castle Rock and the dog's master has one of these boats. He allows that his master, Top Gun, is an egotistical and arrogant prick but that comes with the territory from being a pilot. Your dog would like you to get with the program.
Thats friggin awesome!...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts