Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for Steamboat Reservoir ice fishing info... winter access, where to fish, nearby lodging, etc. I noticed there was a place nearby called Hahn's Peak Road House. Any reviews regarding their lodging, restaurants (if any), and bait shops would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Iced it one time. Stayed at a nice motel I believe it was Oak Creek something. Fishing was okay well actually if 9" bows are your thing then you hit the honey hole we caught MRT's one after another . Trip was focused on Pike and only one was caught over two days. Snow was balls deep on the lake getting around on the sleds was a *****

·
Registered
592 Posts
I fish there a lot, if your fishing it late one word. Snow shoe's, ok that's two! I fish Sage Flats but if you can work you way out to the island.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
The Road House has gone through several different owners. I have stayed there in the past, but that was when it was Steamboat Lake Outfitters. Ate at the restaurant a couple of times, and it is decent.

There is also Elk Creek Guest Ranch, and there are cabins you can rent from the State Parks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts