Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on where to fish and what to use. I am a Steamboat rookie. Would like to catch a pike, brookie, etc.. I will have a few hours in the am while the wifey is still sleeping to fish. Let me know.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Steamboat Lake for trout.
Fish at Meadow Point or Rainbow Ridge.
Flies: Wooly Bugger, Hare's Ear, Old Faithful.
Lures: Rapala, Crocodile, Rooster tail.
Bait:Orange Power Bait or a worm and marshmallow. It helps to rig your bait so that it floats up from the weeds on the bottom.
There are some fat trout in the lake with 16 to 18 Inchers fairly common.

Thumper

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got back from Steamboat Lake. Rainbow and Cutbow averaged 16 inches and were a little slow. I caught mine trolling an olive Woolly Bugger on a sinking tip line about .8-1.3 knots in a kayak. if you fish from shore use worms near the bottom. Rainbow Ridge and Meadow Point early morning and late afternoon till dark. Mill Creek inlet is the best area but you need to boat or float in. Crawdads are the food source so the trout are very pink. Fish-n-Maps are available at the visitors center for $7.00. The Pike should come on strong at Stagecoach any time now, If you can try to stay there a day or two also. Phone #s Steamboat Lake 970-879-3922 Stagecoch 970-736-2436. Good luck!! :D

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
silversage said:
I just got back from Steamboat Lake. Rainbow and Cutbow averaged 16 inches and were a little slow. I caught mine trolling an olive Woolly Bugger on a sinking tip line about .8-1.3 knots in a kayak. if you fish from shore use worms near the bottom. Rainbow Ridge and Meadow Point early morning and late afternoon till dark. Mill Creek inlet is the best area but you need to boat or float in. Crawdads are the food source so the trout are very pink. Fish-n-Maps are available at the visitors center for $7.00. The Pike should come on strong at Stagecoach any time now, If you can try to stay there a day or two also. Phone #s Steamboat Lake 970-879-3922 Stagecoch 970-736-2436. Good luck!! :D

Very Nice Info SS!! Welcome to the site! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts