Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took boat to sterling,fished from 7am-330pm.Caught 10" crappy back in the north arm on bobber/minnow.Nothing else till we spied the hatchery truck backing down the ramp.We hung out till they dumped their load of bos and then proceeded to catch or miss one on every cast.A gold colorado spoon worked best.I caught 18 and friend caught 10 in an hour and a half.We threw 'em all back,they were like 12-14"es.Dragged minnows high medium and bottom but nothing. dragged twisters hugh medium and bottom but nothing.Besides the stockers there wasnt much happening.lake is full to brim Water temp varied from 43-48F.

T

·
0 Posts
good to know. thanks. how was the wind? last year at this time i went up in my boat with donindenver and we could not last more than a few hours. we're tough and have quality clothing but it made us cold to the bone. it was sunny but the wind was blowing at least 30mph making it very cold and the lake pretty rough. we fished like mad but didn't even get a bite. plus we did not have the hatchery truck help make the day.
glad the lake is full. last year it was about 80% full and water was 39 degrees.

D

·
0 Posts
Hey Slayerfish-

I wonder if the big North Sterling wipers and 'eyes will come up and chow down on those 'bows tonight?? Look out little Trout-skis! Heh, heh heh!

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a little windy and COLD till about 930.By noon I was in shorts and t-shirt.Absolutely no wind all afternoon.Yeah I wish they had dumped the trout earlier in the day,maybe we would have had a chance at the larger predators!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts