Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
No, but I plan to this summer. While coming back from a trip, the plane flew over Sterling Res. and I got to check it out a little and I was impressed and intrigued by it, enough to make the drive from Ft. Collins when I think the water has warmed up enough.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sterling is a good walleye lake in the spring. I have fished it twice and enjoy the lake. The walleye tourney tour for the cwa stops there usually once a year although this year we will not be fishing Sterling.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I've also heard good things about the wiper fishing but the same article said the wind there can be some of the worst in Colorado. Be very afraid. :eek:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
WIPER .. Someone said WIPER .. Boy Sterling will have a bunch of monsters this coming up year. Last year we hammered a bunch of 14 inchers .. a BUNCH .. This year they will be around a good 16 to 18 inchers and then you'll get lucky and hit the huge ones.. The biggest one ive ever caught out of that place is a well 28 incher. It wasnt as fat though 9Lbs.. But i have seen a good 12LB + come out of there. But man .. This year should be awesome..

Walleye .. We caught a few of thems late last year up there. Them things were tiny.. I know like EYEMAN said, that place does hold a good sum of WALLEYE ..

steve

OH YEAH .. WINDY .. Dont be affraid .. Thats a best friend to Wiper fishermans/womens... HINT HINT .. Remember this!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts