Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing was fair to medium. Catching carp on corn (is it legal?) weather was nice, not an idea of water temp as it is a little pond. heard there were catfish in there but cant prove it. anyway if you want more info just ask.....Oh the carp, ranging in size from 8-14 inchers some fatties.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Are there bass in there? And can you give crossroads, I cant seem to find it on Google Earth. Also since you fish in the aera do you know anything about Gallup Res? Looks like it might hold something sweet. Heres a pic from Google Earth.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No bass in stern. The lake you have pictured is at ketran park it is labled as having blue gill, LMbass, crappie, green sunfish however they drained and did somthing on the bottom so its less than 2 years old and i have only seen minnows/shad there. Stern park is the next tiny lake in the picture just to the left out of pic you can kinda start to see it. Cross roads are Lake and Spotswood. ;D

·
Registered
234 Posts
What type of setup where you using to catch the carp? Just a piece of corn on a hook on the bottom - or suspended with a bobber of some type?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Yes fishing with corn is legal. I love when my kid catches carp - he always thinks he is snagged tell it starts going the other direction, then he gets all excited again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts