Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never caught a wiper, I'm embarrased to say. So I am a wiper virgin. (I was going to say a virgin wiper, but that's something different!)

Also, never caught a smallmouth. Time to catch both of these this year!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
pescado loco said:
I have never caught a wiper, I'm embarrased to say. So I am a wiper virgin.  (I was going to say a virgin wiper, but that's something different!)

Also, never caught a smallmouth.  Time to catch both of these this year!
Do it! Do it! Do it!

"Peer pressure to break your wiper virginity"

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Has anyone tried fishing for smallies on the Arkansas coming out of Pueblo Res this year? I heard people saying they fish for small mouth on the Ark there, and there is a nice little rock face I saw in Jan. when I went for a walk down by there.
If there is any good information on it, might be a good spot to pop your smallie cherry.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Epic-I've caught lots of trout and I've caught walleye in the river below the dam and I'm sure there must be some smallies in there but in 20 yrs. I've never caught a single one. Pescado, my best advice is to fish around the North Marina boat ramp at dusk for wipers once it gets warmer. You'll never forget your first time. ;D Ed

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Thanks Ed! I love this board, since I'm not from Colorado this has helped tons in my Colorado fishing adventures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts