Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
caught two smallmouth and 3 walleye in the still basin yesterday. The smallies hit on a gold X-rap. Nearly jerked the rod out of my hand. So I dont want to hear any bass fisherman cold water bass aren't aggressive. The walleye came on jerkbaits as well and a deadstiking a fluke.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Good post! I assume you were at Chatfield?

Kind of ironic though! I just read an article last night in the Febuary In-Fisherman about how effective the X-Rap is in cold water, especially on Smallies!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I guess They were right. The water in the basin isn't all that deep, so in lakes that aren't that deep it should produce well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
nice to here sum bass caught. i luv to fish r bass wheres is pueblo at.im not from col. so bare with me cause im new to the board.but id love to do sum bass fishn. i live in fort collins. if any1 knows of any good spots to fish around here let me know please.any other good fishn to i luv to here my drag scream.
heres a bass caught a while back at home s.d C.A

·
Registered
297 Posts
Fishfreek - You won't find many hogs like that here in the Rockies, but we do have plenty of good water with some nice bass. Horsetooth res, west of Ft. Collins has some really nice smallmouth fishing.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
fishfreek said:
nice to here sum bass caught. i luv  to fish r bass wheres is pueblo at.im not from col. so bare with me cause im new to the board.but id love to do sum bass fishn. i live in fort collins. if any1 knows of any good spots to fish around here let me know please.any other good fishn to i luv to here my drag scream.
heres a bass caught a while back at home s.d C.A
what lake was that out of? the hills in the background make me think of hodges but the old water line has me thinking san vincenty or elcap then again most of the hills round there look similar could be one of many others

1 - 10 of 10 Posts