Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished Williams fork today, found plenty of ice but not quite as many fish as last time. fished sixty fow in front of that beautiful house by the east boat ramp. caught five, friends caught four.i was using the slayer fish bait. they were using tube jigs .beautiful day, no snow on ice easy walking at least 18 inches of ice.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
fished Williams fork today, found plenty of ice but not quite as many fish as last time. fished sixty fow in front of that beautiful house by the east boat ramp. caught five, friends caught four.i was using the slayer fish bait. they were using tube jigs .beautiful day, no snow on ice easy walking at least 18 inches of ice.
That’s what I get for trusting the dudes at rocky mtn outfitters yesterday. They told me “ice looked unsafe as hell... I wouldn’t walk on it” . So I opted for granby instead. My son and Found a good hole and banged out 5 18-20 inchers till the bite died at 4.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah Dave we found absolutely nothing wrong with the ice there ,just a little water at the shore but we were at the boat ramp were naturally it would be warmer. how was the ice at Granby?

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
yeah Dave we found absolutely nothing wrong with the ice there ,just a little water at the shore but we were at the boat ramp were naturally it would be warmer. how was the ice at Granby?
Granby was good. 15 inches with an inch of half frozen slush. We fished off sunset and found a few big humps. Lakers were finicky AF so I downsized to a half inch glow squirmin squirt on a 1/16 jighead tipped with a small cube of sucker meat.... that did the trick. If it stays cold at night up there we probably got a few more weeks of the best ice fishing of the year up there.

Was there snowbanks and mud going down The road to the east shitter? I’d fish thetrbway before anywhere else on Willy’s.... the shelf rarely lets me down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts