Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that since the stock market has recently turned down my fishing success has also gone down. :( Maybe the fish are capitalists. This could be a discovery as important as the Superbowl Indicator. If anybody starts hammering the fish, let me know so I can play the bounce!!!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Interesting concept, I personally don't by it.

I would start with the palpable things. Like which hat have you been wearing, or did you wash your lucky shirt? Did someone sneak a banana into lunch box? Do you have new equipment on board, or do you have you been fishing with a new (unlucky) crew member? I've been bitten several times lately by talking about all the big fish I'm going to catch prior to the fishing trip.

Gezzz,,, its just my opinion, but it might be worth while pulling out some the many known excuses, before trying to tie your lack of fishing success on a fall in the stock market.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm more inclined to believe that Colo fishing is a stock market predictor,
but both are so erratic that it could work either way.....

The one thing they have 100% in common is that as soon as
you are certain you have figured everything out, it changes.
Which just coincidently sounds just like Colorado weather... ;)

I think TAL is completely right about fish talk:

last week I caught a wiper on my 4th cast of the day.
I made some comment about it being a good omen,
and how many fish we would catch. It was 4 hours
before anyone caught another fish! :mad:

Next time I'll try to keep my mouth shut.

CRK

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i think the relation of fishing success to the stock market is directly proportional to how much you have in the stock market, since when you got a bunch and the market dips you are bummed and a that can carry over to your fishing.

no see i have no stocks and it hasnt affected my fishing at all

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can all pooh pooh my discovery but I went out tonight after a up day in the stock market and I caught a few bass. As far as I'm concerned that proves my point beyond any reasonable doubt. :)

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
FishEyes said:
You can all pooh pooh my discovery but I went out tonight after a up day in the stock market and I caught a few bass. As far as I'm concerned that proves my point beyond any reasonable doubt. :)
exactly, you were feeling good from the up day and it carryed over to your fishing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts