Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
stocking report is out but still patiently waiting for an updated statewide fishing conditions report - should be out today sometime

Edited: Just as I posted it showed up. Now for some educational reading.... ;D

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
A word of warning... take the DOW fishing reports with a grain of salt they sometimes dont get updated for long periods of time and can be totally off. So if you read them try out what they suggest but if it isnt working just move onto the next technique.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Copy that... I agree with Epic. The fishing report says it's hot, but what people usually don't know is that could have been either a week ago or a few days ago. Sometimes the 'bite' condition changes from day to day. I always prefer to try and be the first to report on a new 'bite' trend... For instance.. One week them crappie are hitting nothing but minnows under slip bobbers and about a week later and so and so water temp degrees later, they hit nothing but tube jigs.. Blah blah, y'all get the point.

1eyeReD, over..

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Sunman said:
Let's see, Rick...you posted at what time?  I wonder where you got that little tidbit...

"Posted - 04/04/2006 :  1:25:19 PM             
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Colorado DOW has published their first reports of the year, but for those of you who are new to Colorado, or to fishing altogether...these reports are "dated", and seldom accurate...use them with care.

There are those who believe that, in general, if you add a couple of weeks to the reports, you're just about where you ought to be...hmmm...this time of the year you might just have yourself some pretty useful information...

Give 'em hell, people!"

It wasn't here.
Ok, not that I need to justify my post and you posted this on a different forum "before I posted it here"... but last year when the same topic came up, and YOU were still members of this forum I posted this:

ePiC said:
The CDOW reports come from local shops, rangers, and fisherman from that area.  The thing about fishing is fishing conditions change on a daily basis.  How many times have you gone out slayed the fish one day then the next barily caught any.  Take the CDOW reports with a grain of salt.  I have noticed that sometimes these reports dont change so they could be alot older then what the date says they are.  But granted if the lake was just stocked its going to have a good report, maybe you are not fishing for the stocker trout they are reporting as good.   :p
Its a useful observation, I didnt jump all over your board for posting something similiar I once said.

If you have any more issues with me you have my email address... and when I get off work I will email you to.

M

·
0 Posts
I told Milty two years ago that I caught some fish at the bridge at Georgetown on an ice fishing jig. That report to Milt ended up on the DOW conditions report and stayed there for at least 4 weeks.

The report changes every time there is an update to that body of water.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Also remember alot of DOW's reports come from local shops and they are in the business of selling fishing supplies. Fish not biting doesn't bod well for sales. Check this site for people who are actually in it for fishing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts