Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jeremy and I had planned to go Wiper fishing yesterday evening. But the intense thunderstorms keep us in doors till about 10 PM We scouted our hunting area this fall on Google Earth till the weather had passed.

When we got to the lake Jeremy decided to fish minnows on a slip bobber and I chose ripping Rattle traps and Clack n Raps. We both got 5 lb Wipers in the first half hour and then nothing for about an hour. After that I caught four Eye's from 20-24 inchs and we must of missed a dozen fish. Really fun night with lots of amazing lightning and I got a nice bag of fillets to boot:thumb:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Nice. Did some slip bobbering Saturday night. Slow but fun to watch the bobber sink under the surface with the glo stick fading away/under.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Good ole' rattle trap! I was an avid user for a long time.. then i started using other cranks and stuff and forgot about the rattle trap.... Tried one at chatty and got a couple nice smallies and a descent eye. :)

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good ole' rattle trap! I was an avid user for a long time.. then i started using other cranks and stuff and forgot about the rattle trap.... Tried one at chatty and got a couple nice smallies and a descent eye. :)
Oldie but goodie! I have been throwing them parallel to weeds all summer and ripping them like a blade bait. I am using 15 lb floro so I have only lost a couple so far this spring. The Wipers seem to prefer the Traps and last night the walleye's wanted the Clackin Rap?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Outstanding work you two!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Outstanding work you two!
I bought a bunch of those Clackin raps in the discount well at Gander and I had heard nothing but negative reviews on them? I think maybe people should just consider them a fat blade bait! Because I am killing them anywhere there is a clean, mud or sparse weed bottom. The trick seems to be ripping them along fast enough so that they stay about two feet off the bottom!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Nice fish! x3 on the lipless. Been ripping and yo-yo-ing it like a blade bait. Picked up a few eyes at Chatty that way. The new Rapala lipless are pretty sweet.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Good to know on the clackin raps. I have a couple that I picked up for ice fishing but didn't stick with them long. Might try them again come ice season.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts