Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone in the Colorado Springs area that could help me reassemble a CI4+ 2500FA reel? I bought the part to fix it after is snapped in an ATV rollover, but having a hard time putting the thing back together, even with the schematics. Especially troublesome is that I can't figure out where the bail trip strike plastic piece is supposed to go. I could give $20 to anyone that can put it back together for me, and maybe throw in a hunting waist pack.

Thanks - Noel

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Take it in to BPS ,those guys get bored throughout the day. Maybe one will know how to do it.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Good luck Muni. I've seen reel schematics and it looks a little tricky if you don't have experience.

I saw an archived thread somewhere that gave the name and number of a guy that works at Sportman's Warehouse that services reels on the side. I don't remember the exact thread but I think I found it when searching for servicing a reel. That might be worth looking up.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Already bought it...own 4 of them already, including the new one (different sizes), so not in a rush to get my other one fixed.
Cool. It looks like a real improvement over the previous generation. I'm gonna wait until I can get a 20% discount on them around Turkey day. I don't really need another reel right now. Or on Turkey day... :D

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, I sent my reel to Shimano along with a $25 check to put it back together, and they sent me a new CI4+ Stradic 2500HG reel. Kind of liked my old one, don't know why they didn't just put it back together as all the parts were there, but nice of them to send a new one.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Cost/benefit? Cheaper to just send a new one than put yours back together if it was already in pieces.

Note to self, if I want a new reel take mine partially apart and send to Shimano for maintenance!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, I spent $30+ for the part I needed, $25 for repair costs, and will have to pay shipping. So, not like I got over on them. They should be able to put reel together in 10 mins or less, since that is their job.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I sent a Stradic 6000 that was toast in for repair, they charged me 25 bucks and sent me back a brand new reel, then I got my old spool back in the mail and thought I even made out with an extra spool but it doesn't fit the new reel design.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Agreed. But guess what... they probably got more than a few "customers for life" by sending out new reels.
True that, but I am a customer for life because of their CI4+ reels. I miss my old reel, I caught a lot of fish with it before that ATV rollover. I may take your advice though ;)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Try looking up a video of that real on youtube. I hate taking apart reels because of all the little parts that need to go back in the right place. However, I recently cleaned all of my reels and looked up videos on youtube, which showed exactly how to take them apart, and put back together. Most important thing is keeping all the small parts in line when taking them off, so they go back on in the same order. Brain damage fo sho!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts