Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Black Friday tradition is to fish every morning. Since I'll probably not fish the lower Illinois river ever again cuz of my divorce, I'm gonna fish elsewhere. I got a week in south Florida around thanksgiving. How and where do I catch peacock bass? What lures work for them? Where's a great place to eat Cuban sandwiches? Is Barack Obama a Muslim? Do Mexican chicks really enjoy morriseys music? Help!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I was given recommendations by a local for three Titusville area guides recently.

Don Hutson 407-247-2407
Randy Dumar 407-908-8498
Jamie Glasner 321-652-5903

Check it out and let us know what you come up with. I was interested in Sea Trout and Redfish but I'll bet these guys can advise on Peacock Bass. :cool:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have heard virtually any canal will have peacocks.
This is also my understanding. I haphazardly tried convincing my Dad to take a trip there for one of my winter breaks to catch peacocks but the more I researched it seemed like the consensus was that the colder months can be more difficult. Most of Florida is already too cold for them :eek:. That's why they don't get to the massive size they reach in South America. Post some pics if you get into a few.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
This is also my understanding. I haphazardly tried convincing my Dad to take a trip there for one of my winter breaks to catch peacocks but the more I researched it seemed like the consensus was that the colder months can be more difficult. Most of Florida is already too cold for them :eek:. That's why they don't get to the massive size they reach in South America. Post some pics if you get into a few.
Pretty nice info right there. I guess global warming is all relative, eh? >:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts