Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is a play off of the thread of the strangest thing a trout has done. Now, I have really never seen a trout do anything "strange" but I have seen people do some strange things on the river.

Once on the Poudre, just up from the Gray Rock bridge, I was walking along the bank and heard some giggling. Of course I'm the inquisitive type so I looked through the chokecherry tree to see a couple "rolling in the hay" butt naked. I turned to continue up river but then I realized the hay was actually a nice shady patch of poison ivy. My attempt to inform them without laughing and not portraying myself as a voyeur fell short. I felt bad.....for about 3 seconds.

Another time I was boating the Colorado down from Pumphouse with a couple of friends. There are some hot springs along the river that attract some skinny dippers. I had the camera ready but nothing. To my disappointment it was vacant that day. So I put the camera up and focused on keeping the boat in a good lane. Awhile down river buddy exclaims "Oh $hit, hold on!" I'm looking for something we are going to hit but there is nothing until I feel the boat slam forward. I turn to look what had hit us and it's a raft full of naked women. My buddy starts pointing at them one at a time and saying "Nice boobies, nice boobies, nice boobies......". Just like a little kid seeing them for the first time. So they drift by and my camera never saw light. Few minutes later another boat comes by with two dads and their sons, maybe 10 or 11 years old. The kids ask us "Did you guys see the boobie boat?" I started to laugh my butt off and told their fathers they were going to have a hard time explaining that to the wives.

So let's read your strange stories because I have a million.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can you give us a TL;DR version of the story?

Sounds like your mate is into Moobs? if i have to summarize the unpunctuated un paragraphed word salad.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Somewhat similar experience on Ridgway Lake south of Montrose. I was paddling my pontoon up the inlet when I ran across a couple of sun worshipers. Only problem was they were in their mid 80's (man and wife). Not much to look at but at least they were congenial enough to say high as I paddled by. Now if they had been of a younger age and worth gaping at perhaps I might of put out my anchor and stayed for awhile! :biggrin1:

·
Registered
592 Posts
I was fishing a lake out in the Holy Cross Wilderness, a nasty hike in, with a couple of buddies once. I came around a boulder and there was this gorgeous chick laying out topless on a rock about 20 feet away. She didn't even cover up and said in the cutest little German accent "Oh hey, I didn't know anyone was out here! How's the fishing?". I said "It just got waaaaaay better..!"

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, that hot spring is always loaded with talent!
I know. That's why we where so disappointed but it was better than having a bunch of guys stand up and wave at us. lol

Somewhat similar experience on Ridgway Lake south of Montrose. I was paddling my pontoon up the inlet when I ran across a couple of sun worshipers. Only problem was they were in their mid 80's (man and wife). Not much to look at but at least they were congenial enough to say high as I paddled by. Now if they had been of a younger age and worth gaping at perhaps I might of put out my anchor and stayed for awhile! :biggrin1:
Spill over from the nudist bath south of Ridgway. lol

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Again on the Poudre. My buddy....Let me give you a quick background. He is a big guy. Not fat mind you, muscular. He is a little deaf from combat fire so he talks a little louder than most. Now add in a very baritone voice.

My buddy and I where walking up the bank and there was a couple lying on a rock getting some spring sun (Fully dressed). We thought the guy was awake as he turned his head toward us as we approached. My buddy says "How you doing?" This guy jerks up like he just splatted from a free fall in his dream. Sunglasses fall into the river and he just catches his hat and himself before the plunge. Unfortunately, while flailing around he scared the hell out of his companion who also must have been asleep. She goes through her tweeker fish flop as well but slides down the rock right into the pool. A warm spring sun dream interrupted by cold spring water; she lets out this quick scream but manages stand up and walk out. My buddy, holding his hands out like some wizard conjuring a spell laughs out "Good God. Are you both okay now? All I said was 'How you doing' and you two spaz like a couple of retarded monkeys". We apologized and felt bad that we had scared them. The guy laughed but she wasn't too happy.

Moral of the story: Mind the location where you choose to fall asleep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts