Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever hiked into strawberry lake? Its a little south of lake granby and west of monarch lake. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Im going to go out on a limb here and guess that Slayerfish has seeing how he hikes all over the world. Than again if he has im not sure there are many fish left in there.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Jay's correct-there USED to be fish in there till I butchered all of them! >:D

Just kiddin,I've seen it on the maps and almost walked there but ended up fishing Granby instead. I have no clue about fish in there.

·
Registered
385 Posts
haha...you beat me to it!!

cmon fellas!! Anybody got any info for Carp and I??? PMs are great ;)

nevermind!! talked to the ranger, apparently the lake is barren :(

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Called the IPW ranger district and they claimed that it was barren? Would like to know if anyone has actually fished up there?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
CoCarp said:
Called the IPW ranger district and they claimed that it was barren? Would like to know if anyone has actually fished up there?
If its the one I am thinking of there is a creek that connects it to Monarch so there is a possibility of fish in it but its shallow and has never been stocked with fish.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Get a hold of all the Freaks and Hippies who had the festival up there in 73'.... they will tell you. IF you can find any of them.

Seriously..... stricktly a put and take lake... stocked every three or four years. A lot of hikers use the area now. Mostly cutties and brookies.....

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
IFSHDOU2? said:
Get a hold of all the Freaks and Hippies who had the festival up there in 73'.... they will tell you. IF you can find any of them.
The Ranger told me that there is some fragile "plant-life" up there....What did those hippies plant up there? ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
77 Posts
The "Kip Carey's Official Colorado Fishing Guide" says:

A mile south of Lake Granby in Arapaho National Forest is Strawberry Lake. The Lake is private, winterkills and probably has no fish

·
Registered
157 Posts
As Joej said it is private according to all my maps of the area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody ever hiked into strawberry lake? Its a little south of lake granby and west of monarch lake. Any info would be appreciated.
I don't k ow what
I don't know what happened if the lake is barren but I fished there about 40 years ago and the fishing was great. 12 to 15 inch trout.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Wow a 14 year old thread! Still haven't made it there-

1 - 17 of 17 Posts