Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,273 Posts
Thanks for the tip BC, I will have to try that. A size 16 seems pretty small to me but it sounds like it worked for you. I was out on the Poudre last night messing around and caught a few fish. Pitching a thin mint up against the opposite bank and throwing a big mend down stream. This seemed to allow me to dead drift or lightly strip it and keep the fly in the lane between the bank and the main current for a longer period of time. I am just trying new stuff to see what all works.
that there is the ticket

· Registered
6,273 Posts
Cast cross current, mend up stream, small mend downstream then strip. Seems to bring the fly perpendicular to the fish. Just returned from a trip to the San Juan river in NM. Used this method almost exclusively with great results. By the way, I was using a size 16, white bodied, black hackle/tail bugger.
when were you there? We were there the weekend before last. Lots of great fish during the trip! kinda the same method.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.