Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was putting gas in and getting the auger ready for the ice season. On the third pull of the rope it slipped out of my hands and smacked the choke lever snapping it in half. Any suggestions or places that can repair would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Is it the one with the flimsy cheap red choke lever? If so, get a thin peice of aluminum and secure it to the base thats still there extending up past the tank so you can adjust it. Or you can reorder the same choke lever from strikemaster..? Hell, a coat hanger may suffice it in some way...

Just a few thoughts that could save you a few bucks.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Is the motor a Tecumseh ? If so parts are readily available all over the internet. I ended up having to buy a new fuel tank for mine.

If it is a Tecumseh motor you should see the model number similar to this:

The one pictured is a TC300 (It's actually on an Eskimo Auger.. But is the same motor as on my strikemaster) That should help you in locating parts.

·
Registered
844 Posts
My kids did my lever in. I called strikemaster and they want to sell the whole tank since the lever is attached.
I pulled the air filter and exposed the choke so now I just leave it shut when in transit to keep crap out and open it when using.
Not much dust on the ice anyway so the filter is really not so important.
Been about 4 seasons now so I guess things are OK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts