Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wahoo "Ono"
These guys can swim up to 60 mph.
We troll at 12 knots, they hit hard and run hard.
We use wire leaders as their razor teeth will cut right through mono up to 300lbs.
Hate to be a baitfish around one of these.
Got the biggest one on my coffee grinder with 50lb test.
Yes they are better tasting than Walleye.
Getting ready to can a big batch.
Mahi
Pictures are worth a thousand words!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the sixty mph claim is likely a little exaggerated but awesome species nonetheless. W2g!
Your most likely right, got that info off wikipedia.
This site shows them at #3 at 48mph
Mako Shark didn't make the list.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
lmao!
Well done red!
Def what kyle said

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Salt water really is a whole different deal. But I still like my bass and walleye.

OK even trout. :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Not much left in the freshwater that I find as exciting as the unknowns of the ocean. Well done Red! Those floor shots of the wahoo really show off how beautifully marked up those fish are.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Damn! Do you ever cast for them? Trolling in the ocean doesn't sound that much more fun than trolling in freshwater...maybe I'm wrong

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn! Do you ever cast for them? Trolling in the ocean doesn't sound that much more fun than trolling in freshwater...maybe I'm wrong
We troll till we get one on then casting Raider jigs or Wahoo bombs with a very fast retrieve can be effective as they will follow a hooked fish right up to the boat.

Yah, trollings still trolling but a little bit more exciting when the reel starts screaming in the Saltwater:cool:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not much left in the freshwater that I find as exciting as the unknowns of the ocean. Well done Red! Those floor shots of the wahoo really show off how beautifully marked up those fish are.
Thanks, they lose their color pretty fast, we got 2 doubles that day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts