Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not quite ready to start ice fishing yet...I will do it, eventually, but I'm trying to stretch the open water season as long as possible. So far, so good...

Launched the FishCat on Horsetooth this AM. I lasted for all of an hour or so before the 40.5F water sent me back to shore. During that time, fish were marked in 15 - 20', but no takers on a variety of lures. Once I was back on shore, I did manage to get 1 chunky 'bow around 14 - 15" to whack a f'n'f in about 20' before heading home.

(in case you're wondering, the glove is 10.5" long)

This evening I returned to the same lake for a quick (20 min) stop and convinced two little 'eyes to get frisky with an X-rap. Overall, a fun day.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Why start icing when you're doing that well open water ;D

Very nice! I was w/out a computer most of the summer (until early fall). So I never got a chance to tell you.. Your Fishful Thinker episode rocked! Props!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm not quite ready to start ice fishing yet...I will do it, eventually, but I'm trying to stretch the open water season as long as possible. So far, so good...
I'm with you Doc, caught 15 of these last weekend from Jurassic pond 2 and kept 3 for dinner. Ice will have to be forced upon me!!!!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
elkdeerbear said:
James or FishDr was the Fishful Thinker episode the one at Granby Res.? If so I seen that one.
Yes, that was the one; I enjoyed being part of the filming process and had a great time. Something like 16 combined hours of fishing, one big lake trout, a handful of smaller rainbows and browns, and lots of casting. Chad "Fishful Thinker" LaChance was merciful - he didn't include footage of me blowing up my reel with a spectacular backlash on the first cast of the day. I just wish he wouldn't refer to me as a swimbait expert - addict, yes, expert, not yet.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Yeah ice is not what the doctor ordered.... :D. I'm still fishin' some open water too, although there seems to be less and less open water every day. I think I might hit some ice with James next week. Thanks for the report, that bow's a fatty. Tight lines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts