Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys take your pics when by yourself and practicing C&R. I am tired of my left hand showing up in every pic. Should I use a net. I know it's a stupid question but...

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
If you look at my reports, I take the pics of the fish in the net, helps that I have one of those measure nets so you can tell about how big the fish is.

Hook 'em, net 'em, unhook 'em, snap a picture of 'em, revive 'em, do it again.

D

·
0 Posts
No need for a photo if your by yourself unless maybe it's the largest you have caught of that species or something like that, But I would say the net is the best way to go. It really bugs me when I see photos of fish laying on the ground. I think that if you can't get a photo without harming the fish then don't do it. Ohterwise if their dinner, drag them through the dirt on the way back to the car.

Greg

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I was guilty of doing the on-the-ground, but discontinued it. If I do it now, I don't even use my camera. I just pull out my cell phone and click. Takes about 2 seconds. Most of the time, I don't even bother. Better to have a friend for sure

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
bobber said:
You might want to ask epic about it,  I know he takes a lot of photos by himself
Epic answered that question here

http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php?topic=11598.msg103538#msg103538
Yup, work2fish can vouche... I have a tripod attached to my backpack its simple and the timer is just right for getting set up... I also bought a remote for my new SLR, going to have some fun with that... I dont bring it fishing with me alot as I am really hard on equipment and dont want to damage it but I bought it for my mountain trips that I've been to busy to head up for... sooon.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
dogbreath said:
No need for a photo if your by yourself unless maybe it's the largest you have caught of that species or something like that, But I would say the net is the best way to go. It really bugs me when I see photos of fish laying on the  ground. I think that if you can't get a photo without harming the fish then don't do it. Ohterwise if their dinner, drag them through the dirt on the way back to the car.

Greg
A scaleless fish like a trout I'd say keep it off the ground for sure. As for scaled fish like a bass, I think the fish has more to worry about from your thumb that's in its mouth than it does from dirt or sand. I'm not recommending rolling it in the dirt like you were breading a fillet but the acids from your skin are far worse than the dirt IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts