Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  Although I admit I only caught small fish, I did however use my mad fishing skills and angler savy to catch 3 different species.  The hat-trick of fishing  :)

1st there was the cunning Bluegill

Then the Small-mouth Bass (this one was a fighter)

last, but not least the elusive crawFISH

For those of you still not impressed, these weren't my only fish of the day, just the biggest  ;D
  Consider this a challenge for you all to try to outfish me next year.  ;)  Oh, OneEyeRed & Rottal, no excuses next year.  ;D
  Ya'll have just been served  ;) :D ;)

P.S.  I still give ePIC props for his use of very inexpensive bait!

·
Registered
943 Posts
hey james those are monsters compared to my fish that i caught ;D but you got me i only got smallies and one bluegill i didnt get the crawdad

T

·
0 Posts
Don't STOP while it's HOT!

Hope you enter those whoppers for the MASTER ANGLER's AWARD...

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
james said:
P.S. I still give ePIC props for his use of very inexpensive bait!
Bare Gold hooks will slay them everytime, using bait and lures are for the weak. :p

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
james said:
OneEyeRed & Rottal, no excuses next year.  ;D
  Ya'll have just been served  ;) :D ;)
That's it, I'm there for the next get together.... It's on!!

I'm quite sure I'll get a crayfish that can compete with yours....

Bare Gold hooks
.... Quick, Epic... Teach me the works! I've got a friendly standoff scheduled for the next get together and I need to hone in on the skills & tactics!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
1eyeReD said:
Bare Gold hooks
.... Quick, Epic... Teach me the works! I've got a friendly standoff scheduled for the next get together and I need to hone in on the skills & tactics!
I have made a ton of cash my whole life betting people I could catch fish with just a hook. Usually bluegills, but I have caught perch, bass and crappie with just a gold hook. I have also caught bluegills on snapswivels... I probably could of caught one of those smallmouths with a swivel but didnt give it a shot.

·
Registered
24,633 Posts
The old wiggle the bare hook on the surface like dappling a fly on an undercut bank...when we were kids we used to have contests to see who catch the most sunfish and bluegills with a bare hook...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts