Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually dont have any trouble finding sucker fish. But last year was terrible and I had heck finding the few that I did. Anyone got any ideas how to get some sucker fish? I could use a dozen or so. Would be willing to pay for some also...thanks

L

·
0 Posts
Sportsman's Wh :eek: rehouse has frozen suckers for sale. I believe the sporting goods store in Granby carries frozen suckers also.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I know there is a gas station in Granby that also has some. Valley Country on Parker & Quincy also has frozen suckers

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i never by suckers i ctach them on my own its cheaper that way i catch them all the time by my house and llakes and rivers if u need some pm me i'll sell u some

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
   You can also get them at Bill's live baits on Washington at about 59th. Great folks there and always willing to give out info!!!

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have found suckers in many metro denver creeks and rivers. Got to the creeks that look too small to hold fish and look for a deep hole. The stream near community college of aurora has 100s stacked up in the 3-4 inch range.

·
Registered
288 Posts
What are you catching those suckers by the Aurora CC with, Atownbasser? Thats right by my house.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
atownbasser said:
I have found suckers in many metro denver creeks and rivers.  Got to the creeks that look too small to hold fish and look for a deep hole.  The stream near community college of aurora has 100s stacked up in the 3-4 inch range. 
make sure you can identify the kinds of "suckers" you catch in them little creeks there are protected strains and the are harder to identify when small. you would hate to get caught with a flanell mouth sucker in your bait bucket

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
well the only reason i brought up the license to sell bait fish
was so no one here says i didnt know well now you do

i dont want to see anyone from this site getting into trouble
for something so small

because there has been a few times out when someone wants to know
what im fishing with and if i have any for sale and i tell them no
but i can sell them this zip lock bag for a price but they have to take
whats inside it with them because i dont want it but im just selling
the bag nothing else they are buying the bag

just dont want anyone getting a ticket for selling bait and then having to
read it on this site how the dow is evil and trying to get them ;D

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I hear ya, fishingkats. I just really hope that DOW would concentrate their resources on more important things than someone selling a few native baitfish. By the way, I like your "just selling the ziplock bag" trick. I could have used that defense in my younger days O0.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts