Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went out today for some Smallie action. I got a few decent little smallies but they weren't anything special. I cast my pearl swim'n caffeine shad out and let it sink to the bottom and most of the time if I get bit, they hit it on the drop and are on when I start reeling. After not getting anything on the drop on a particular cast, I burned my soft plastic in and hooked into something that felt a little different. Ended up getting it in and saw that it was an eyeball. I love these soft plastics. I took them into the mountains the first time I ever used them and crushed the lakers. Then it was one after another on the smallies and now walleye. I definitely plan on having these as one of my mainstay lures along with jerkbaits and swimbaits and a couple others. Ordered an assortment of them from tw so I'm excited to get them and play around with the different colors/sizes. Haven't hooked into an eye from shore in a while, especially during daylight hours. Looking at the video now, id say the eye was probably 22. Tried once more to upload the smallie photos to photobucket but it didn't work so I'm done trying. Those smallies sure do fight hard, though. Especially for their size....gotta love it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r4JZCsBctpw

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry to hear that. I hope the pond does well for you

It usually does. Last time I was there, as soon as I walked up, I dropped a copper john right below my feet and got a nice channel cat that was under the dock. I plan on taking my fly stuff again but I wanna swimbait it up, too. Ive caught fish there every year since I was like four on the usual stuff so I like switching it up. Unfortunately my little bro won't be there like he was last time but it should be fun nonetheless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts