Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to my local spot today to get some smallies. I caught a bunch but the highlight of the day was hooking a decent one and having it wrap the line around a submerged tree branch. It felt really nice and this guy on a jet ski tried to help undo it but it didn't work. I was stoked and wanted the dude to see the fish cuz he was pumped, too. So, I dove in and broke the branch. It actually had a bunch of snell hooks in it, too. Got my lure and the fish!! I was using the pearl swim'n caffeine shads from strike king. Those things crush the smallies. Lakers seem to like em, too. 1/4oz jig head does the trick. Dowsnt seem to matter what color jig head. I've used plain, pink and fluorescent green and they all worked fine. I have been fishing this area that is by a couple boat ramps and a bunch of trees so there are a lot of people around. A lot of them seem surprised when I pull fish out right in front of them as they're getting on/off their boats. Anyways, that's the first time I dove into the water for a fish. It wasn't more than like six feet deep so it wasn't bad. Glad it was warm like it was. I tried to upload a pic to photobucket but like slayer I had issues. It kept asking me to confirm my email address for security purposes but the process never went through somehow. Whatever....

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Good job Whomp! Gotta be careful wrestling with underwater obstructions by hand, if you hooked it a bunch of others have done the same and could be full of hooks as you found out. As for photobucket they have went to a pay site and are holding all our pics for ransom. Read this and maybe start loading your pics directly to the site gallery to use or check out Imgur.

http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/26-coloradofisherman-site-issues/151962-announcement-photobucket-images-no-longer-working.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts