Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the hard water for the first time this season. Hit up the Snake inlet on Dillon yesterday for some Kokes and a bow, then G-town for an hour on the way back. 1/8 oz with a 1/2" red tube and skrimp was the ticket, they were hitting it as soon as it would hit the bottom, if I didn't get bit, I would move holes. Landed 12 or so Kokes in a few hours and the random bow. @ bows on the same tube at Gtown.

Today headed back up, and went to Officer's gulch for the first time. Setup near the outlet and it was non-stop action for the 3 hours that I was there. Same red tube jigged, and a deadsticked small ice jig tipped with waxies were irresistible to the small, but fun brookies and bows. Lots of eggs were coming out of the brookies, and the bows were some of the darkest one I have ever seen. Then headed back to Dillon for a few more Kokes to end the day.

Yesterday's keepers for the smoker.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Havnt been fishing in weeks :( Actually starting to jones so bad ice fishing is starting to look good... even for trout!!! LOL ;)

Thanks for sharing!!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Havnt been fishing in weeks :( Actually starting to jones so bad ice fishing is starting to look good... even for trout!!! LOL ;)

Thanks for sharing!!
x2!!!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Great pictures. Those kokes taste any good?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great pictures. Those kokes taste any good?
Goin in the smoker today, but smoked some from there last year and they were pretty good for a decomposing fish :eek:

Officer's Gulch is a fun little lake winter or summer.
Sure was, driven by there hundreds of times and never stopped before. Fun fast action for little guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts