Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Jay_In_Parker said:
fishinguitars said:
that guy in there is a totall turd. when I was 18 and got my first credit card I was all excited to get some stuff ...i opend the card didnt even think about activating it and went down there got all the stuff I wanted he swiped the card once told me it was not good ...I told him i just got it and forgot to activate it can he wait a minute or two while i use the phone ...he said no everytime he swipes a card its costs him money to get cash or leave...I havent been back and will never go back ...What a prick to think now i spend anywhere from 150-500 a month on fishing stuff  that could have been his ......this is a bad thing to say but it wont hurt my feelings at all if the superstores take him out .....giles alkire for president

If you're talking about Country Valley: Another thiing I dont like is If I want to use my card the order has to be more then $10.00. While I understand credit card fews can be a killer to a retailer its part of doing business. Sometimes I just want to pickup some minnows and worms but end up having to buy more then I need. SUX

[me=Jay_In_Parker]   [/me]
What is their return policy? See where I'm going with this!

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
With all the the things to consider. You just can't beat the bigger stores.

Hours - I can go down to Sportsmans after work and pick up supplies for the next morning. If they are closed, there's Wal-mart. Most small places would be closed.

Selection - I've gotten pretty specific on what I like to use. If a bigger store doesn't have exactly what I want, they'll probably have something similar.

Location - I bet most of us have a larger store closer to us than a Mom & Pop. It's definatly true for me.

Price (most important) - I can pay almost $3 for a fly, or I can pay 89 cents. Thats a huge difference, and just one example. Thats like paying $6 for a gallon of gas instead of $2 because it's a Mom & Pop.

I realy do feel bad for small buisness owners, and wish I could support them. However, if I had to drive out of my way. On my day off (store hours). Find out they have nothing like what I use. Then pay 3 or more times the ammount. I don't know... :( 

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
the guy at valley country once you get to know him is actually a really good guy, he has helped me out on guite a few occasions. if you saw some of the jerkoffs that he has to deal with sometimes you would understand. i like the guy. he definetely knows a lot about fishing. some people just arent very outgoing , doesn't mean that they are a jerk.i'm sure that all of us have treated people the wrong way before, some of us just have more oppourtunities to look bad. like i said he is actually a pretty good guy..

41 - 43 of 43 Posts