Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
The United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land. If a state passes a law that is unconstitutional, the federal government should sue the state to have that law declared unconstitutional and, therefore, unenforceable.

I didn't watch the youtube video, but based on its title I'm assuming that is generally what it dealt with.

It's nothing new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,554 Posts
I'm too lazy to research what he said to make sure it's true. I'll just say that I agree that it's BS if it's true. I lean to the right when it comes to immigration issues. The guy's hick necktie thingie did nothing for his credibility and neither did the name of his "network" >:D

Thanks for starting this thread Jamie. It should make for a super entertaining Monday that started out sooooo slow and boring. Getcha popcorn! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Rivrunnr1 said:
I'm too lazy to research what he said to make sure it's true. I'll just say that I agree that it's BS if it's true. I lean to the right when it comes to immigration issues. The guy's hick necktie thingie did nothing for his credibility and neither did the name of his "network" >:D

Thanks for starting this thread Jamie. It should make for a super entertaining Monday that started out sooooo slow and boring. Getcha popcorn! ;D
[/quoteRiv,

When it does come to the immigration issues I tend to lean torwards the right also! But i'm >more on the left with other issues when it comes to my career. I used to be a union employee in chicago's local #11. Since moving here less then a year ago i'm making $3.00 less than half of what i'm making and I didn't have to worry about an immigrant taking my job job or putting me out of work! I'm currently working with all illegals that have a green card and they are getting more work then me. I didn't have to worry about unemployment isssues either!

The bad thing about the whole deal is if you kicked all immigrants out of the country now our ecenomy would collapse!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
One very important topic this guy failed to touch is the fact that Arizona is going broke and all the us citizens are now losing business and closing up shop and going bankrupt because of the economy in Arizona! Which brings another issue of BIG BUSINESS leaving the state and going south to Mexico because they can't find minnimum wage employees that produce quality work!
The truth to the fact of the matter is that Americans have gotten lazy and will not work for minnimum wge jobs and only believe its for the mexicans!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
978 Posts
Benson said:
One very important topic this guy failed to touch is the fact that Arizona is going broke and all the us citizens are now losing business and closing up shop and going bankrupt because of the economy in Arizona! Which brings another issue of BIG BUSINESS leaving the state and going south to Mexico because they can't find minnimum wage employees that produce quality work!
The truth to the fact of the matter is that Americans have gotten lazy and will not work for minnimum wge jobs and only believe its for the mexicans!
Can you raise a family on minimum wage? I know I can't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,649 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
The United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land. If a state passes a law that is unconstitutional, the federal government should sue the state to have that law declared unconstitutional and, therefore, unenforceable.

I didn't watch the youtube video, but based on its title I'm assuming that is generally what it dealt with.

It's nothing new.
I'm not sure if you watched it yet or not, but basically what he's saying is that Mexico has filed suit against AZ in some way, or filed a grievance or something. I'm not sure how all that works. ANYWAY, he's saying that Obama is siding with Mexico on this suit, or grievance, or whatever it is. What he's also saying is that AZ's law is based on Federal law and they're being sued for adding it to the state law books and upholding the law. There was some other ranting and raving in there too, but when you boil it down, that's what he's saying.

I'd like to hear your take on it because you know a lot more about this kind of thing than I do.

The truth to the fact of the matter is that Americans have gotten lazy and will not work for minnimum wge jobs and only believe its for the mexicans!
First of all, that's total BS. Ask any American trying to put food on their table who has no other income, and you bet your butt they'd be willing to work for whatever they could get. The PROBLEM is that the people doing the hiring can just go out and hire an illegal alien for LESS than minimum wage. They pay them cash under the table, so less paperwork, the employer doesn't have to pay taxes, and the worker gets to take home MORE money than they would if they were making minimum wage legally. Don't blame that issue on American workers being lazy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Have you ever driven on north Broadway? You know, past that triangle where all those homeless people are? Those people there are American citizens! 90% black!! I never see Mexicans there! the other 10% white! These people leaching off the welfare system, doing drugs, Robbing and thiefing!
Next time you get in your car and you see a bum holding his sign at the corner begging for money! Tell me what caucation he she may be!

My great grand parents on both sides where immigrants from Germany and Ireland! My great grand parents that came from Ireland where treated like dirt! They ventured down from NY till they settled in the southern HIlls/appalations and farmed and worked hard for every thing they had!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this thread isnt about who is lazy or who is willing to work (even tho that factors in to why america has become such a popular place to reside by so many), it is about our own goverment taking sides against one of our own states...it just seems silly that we have to worry about being so politically correct and catering to people that wont even go thru the proper channels and do what they are legally required to do to become american citizens...why should their rights be such a big deal?....many years ago it never was an issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
I understand Jamie!

But we are stuck with whom is allready here! I'm 100% against anymore entering the state!

We will ice it some time! make for great conversation!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,649 Posts
Benson said:
Have you ever driven on north Broadway? You know, past that triangle where all those homeless people are? Those people there are American citizens! 90% black!! I never see Mexicans there! the other 10% white! These people leaching off the welfare system, doing drugs, Robbing and thiefing!
Next time you get in your car and you see a bum holding his sign at the corner begging for money! Tell me what caucation he she may be!

My great grand parents on both sides where immigrants from Germany and Ireland! My great grand parents that came from Ireland where treated like dirt! They ventured down from NY till they settled in the southern HIlls/appalations and farmed and worked hard for every thing they had!
Yep, I have been down there. Yep, I have seen all the homeless. NOPE, they're not on welfare (or any other gov't program). Those programs aren't possible if you don't have an address. That's not really the point though, I know.

Your point was that working Americans are too lazy to do menial jobs. I disagreed, and still do. Homeless are a total different league of people, IMO. Sometimes it's a mental issue, sometimes it's a drug issue, sometimes it's being so astoundingly lazy that they are unable to hold down any kind of job whatsoever. I'm saying that there are plenty of other Americans that are more than happy to go pick cabbage if they're down and out and it'll help put food on their table.

In any case, I'm still curious to know if what the guy in the video says is true. Is the president refusing to allow a state to uphold federal law?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,877 Posts
DozerF350 said:
In any case, I'm still curious to know if what the guy in the video says is true. Is the president refusing to allow a state to uphold federal law?
Okay, I guess I'll have to watch the damn video tonight..... ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,649 Posts
jamiehughes said:
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Okay, I guess I'll have to watch the damn video tonight..... ::)
it is only like 6 minutes long don....i"ve wasted way more time than that on the internet looking at stuff i shouldnt have... :D
It's true, it's only 6 minutes. But you still have to wade through 4 minutes of disjointed ranting. And comin from someone who rants like I do...that's sayin something. ;D
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top